"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

But It's a Classic!

So I've done really well...really quite well.  I haven't bought my kids anything yet.  Mostly because I have no bloody clue who they are, how old they are, and what their interests are but also because I knew once I started buying them things it would just be a long slippery slope down into the retail world.

But...last night at my church here in State College the play The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was performed (Kate, you were truly magnificant!).  Outside the box office they were selling some Narnia items.  I found the entire Chronicles of Narnia Collection by C.S. Lewis brand new for only $7.00...what a steal!  Secretly, I wanted it for myself since I'm a book junkie.  Then I thought to myself, what a great gift for my kids.  No matter how old they are they'll either grow into it or be at the perfect age.  Heck, it will likely take us a whole year to plow our way through this giant book.  I couldn't not buy it.  If I didn't I would only be robbing my children of a lovely piece of classic literature that is not only a great story in itself but also has some great morals weaved through it too (see, I can always justify my actions when necessary!).

So, the first "kid item" has been bought.  That's it, though, that's really it until we know who they are.  It's coming soon.  I'm still confident we're going to know who these little kiddos are before Christmas...just you wait and see!

3 comments:

  1. How fun!!! (and thanks for the encouragement, Sarah!) Chad will be ECSTATIC that his "merch table" (as he kept calling it) was put to such good use... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that series is an absolute "must have" for your kids! I had a box set on my bookshelf long before we started our family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!! Great choice for a first buy =) Karaline and I are slowly picking away at ours Her attention span is about 1/2 a page, but she likes to hear about Digory and Polly.

    ~Susanna

    ReplyDelete