"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17

Friday, February 18, 2011

You'll Never Believe It

WE HAVE ANOTHER INTERVIEW!!!

Again, before you start jumping up and down and calling the local news (I was really quite close to doing so this time), let me clarify:  this doesn't mean we get the kids.  It only means we are a real potential fit for these kids.  But it is a step - a pretty big step.

Do you remember in the last post I told you about two caseworkers who were pretty interested in us?  You know, the ones who called Jess a few times to get more information and clarify  her understanding of current information.  Well anyway, it was one of those to workers who called Jess this afternoon to see if Jordan and I could come for an interview on Monday February 28th. 

We are overjoyed.  Having one interview scheduled was just awesome; it was a true answer to prayer.  But now we have two scheduled...two within the course of one week.  I'm walking (floating?) around this house like a loon.  Just to give you an example of where my mind is not, here is what I did this afternoon:
Our mailbox is at the end of our road, oh, at least 100 yards from our front door.  After I get home from work, Brookie and I always walk out to the mailbox together to get the mail.  We did that today.  I walked 100+ yards to the mailbox with my dog and got the mail.  Then, about 45 minutes later in my state of utter joy and with my brain daydreaming about more and more kids I walked 100+ yards out the to the mailbox with my dog AGAIN.  When I opened the mailbox and saw it was empty I thought it was odd that I didn't have any mail...until I came back inside and saw it sitting on the kitchen table........
It's going to be a nutty week waiting for these interviews.  But I am loving every single second of it.

I know this doesn't mean we get any kids.  But boy is it ever a big step closer.  After the call about the first interview we decided not to get our hopes up (yeah right) but now that we have a second call all of my self restraint has left me and my emotions are unbridled - this is pretty rare for me.

What can you do to help, friends?  Keep encouraging, wishing, and praying for us.  We sure would love to have kids soon.  We would be absolutely delighted with either of these two sets.  Our biggest fear, though, is NOT not getting the kids.  Our biggest fear is having to choose one set over the other. 

Please pray that if one of these sets is intended for us that it is crystal clear.

We have already fallen madly in love with these kids.  I know it's dangerous but now that they are a real potential we just can't help it.  We've been staring at their pictures, thinking of things we'll need to get for them, planning our first family outings and vacations, etc.  We can't wait to show them off to all of you.

If you want to pray specifically, here is the best I can do as far as information about the kids:
GROUP #1                                          GROUP #2
4 kids                                                    3 kids
1 boy, 3 girls                                         2 boys, 1 girl
age range 1.5 - 6                                   age range 1 - 8
from PA                                                from PA

That's all I can give for now.  If one of these groups become ours, our life will sure be changed...we can't wait.  We can't wait to meet our match one day and love 'em up and bring 'em home.

So, here's to more good news!  What a blessing, what a joy, what a journey, what a gift!

Here's another verse I've been clinging to lately.  I think this week I'll cling to it even more tightly:

"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14

I'll let you know how well that works...might be easier said than done :)

Before I leave, I want to thank you all again for such an outpouring of love and support.  We'll never be able to thank you enough or tell you how much it means to us.

5 comments:

  1. YAY! YAY! YAY! TWO interviews! I can hardly stand it! Best wishes for a clear path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, this is awesome! I was just praying last night that you would get a another interview!!!! Aahh! God is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! That's so great, we're praying =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, you know that I will be praying for you and J.D. I hope you do get one of these groups. Did you know that the groups would be more than two children? Are you prepared for more than two? Kids are wonderful to have and the more the merrier--lol. Sometimes the merrier seems far away. But I am praying for you both and also for the groups and case workers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continuing to pray!!! YAY. YAY. YAY. How long will it take for you to hear something back? :0)

    ReplyDelete