"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17

Monday, January 10, 2011

Blessed Be Your Name

This will be quick - more pictures than words.  I haven't posted many of our "fun life" pictures in a while.  It does a body good to sit back and reflect on the many things for which we are thankful.  For me, I have to often remind myself to thank God for all I have instead of begging and nagging for that which I don't.  One of the songs that K-Love faithfully plays (thank you, K-Love) is Blessed Be Your Name.  Here are just a few lines of the song that help remind me to be thankful for all things at all times:

"Every blessing your pour out I'll turn back to praise,
When the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say,
Blessed be your name."

Here is a link for the music video.  It really is a good song with a catchy little tune that always reminds me to be thankful...even if I don't feel like it.
                                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cAvqByM1Fk

So, before I totally break my promise of "little words and lots of pictures" here they are:


Thanksgiving at Mom and Dad's with our friends, The Cramers

Sharing some tasty wine with the Ashley and Dave Thanksgiving night


Freezing my behind off at the PSU vs. Michigan State game with my sister

Our good buddy, Eric, at our LifeGroup's White Elephant Gift Party...he made out like a bandit!


Our nephew, Tyler.  We bought the poor kid a shirt for Christmas that he obviously already had - haha!



Christmas Eve with the Snyder's at Mom and Dad's



Christmas morning at Mom and Dad's...we must have been good kids!


New Year's Eve at the Kingship's house


Jordan and JT getting ready for some Charades on New Year's Eve


Jordan on his last, first day of school!! (the first day of his last semester)
See, we really do have so much to be thankful for...but we are ready to be thankful for some little bodies around here!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! But I think they are missing something...ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you guys so much! I think reading your blogs make me miss you more though...I remember when we used to see each other everydayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....reading your blogs makes me feel like your still sitting in the room across the apartment. Alright, I will stop being so sentimental...my family says HI and that they pray for you and Jordan alllll the time. Continue to believe and those little kiddies will be with their mom and dad soon! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! Thanks for posting the lyrics to that song... I've found myself needing to reflect on God's goodness rather than asking and asking for more! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete