"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend

What a beautiful weekend - both in weather and activities!  We had the 235th Marine Corps Birthday Ball on Friday night at the Penn Stater Conference Center.  We had a blast with some genuine people.  I'll tell you what, I just feel so proud when I look at all the Marines in their dress blues interacting with each other.  The MECEPS at Penn State are some terrific guys, the ones that you can just say "they are good people."  Each one of them is personable, respectful, considerate...I could continue for hours.  Over the past three years I have had the privilege spending some time with them at various functions.  Each time I see them I can't help but love them more and more.  The bonus is that some of them have as equally wonderful wives with whom I have been able to spend time with as well.  I know I am biased...terribly biased, but these Marines are A-Class people.  Below are some pictures from the ball (yes, I know, they are quite a handsome bunch as well!).

MECEP wives: Tiffiney Dierling, Me, Susannah Smith, Bethany Koshuta, and Satoko Houck

Top: Sgt. Kevin Smith, SSgt. Brendon Houck, SSgt. Jordan Ames, 2ndLt. Jeff Dierling, SSgt. Jon Koshuta
Bottom:  Sgt. Veronica Gietzon, Sgt. Joe Stradley, GySgt. Claudio Casanova

Jordan and I

Top:  Sgt. Kevin Smith, Major ?? (Ret.), SSgt. Matt Nevins, SSgt. Jon Koshuta, Sgt. Jeff Homza, Sgt. Veronica Gietzon
Bottom:  SSgt. Jordan Ames, Sgt. Joe Stradley, GySgt. Claudio Casanova
*Aren't they the most handsome bunch you've ever seen?

Seven Mountains Wine Cellar
On Saturday my cousin, Jamie Hershey-Showers, and her husband, Bernie, came up for the day.  We had such a wonderful time catching up, reminiscing, and just relaxing.  We spend the first half of our day at Seven Mountains Wine Cellar which is only about 10 miles from our house.  It has quickly become a favorite hang out for me and Jordan.  I can't help but give them some advertisement.  The owners, MaryAnn and Scott, are wonderful, salt-of-the-earth, people.  Each and every experience we have had at Seven Mountains gets better and better.  To top it off, their wine is truly THE BEST wine I have ever tasted.  If you are a wine-lover, let us know and we'd absolutely love have you up and take you there.  It's truly an experience you'll remember forever!

Part of our wine-tasting with Jamie and Bernie
Although Jordan and I know what each of the wines taste like, we still always have to taste again with our guests!  The best part is this:  There is NO CHARGE for wine tasting.  In fact, they encourage you to taste the entire selection (about 30 different wines).  We can't say enough about Seven Mountains or its owners.

After the tasting we came back to play with Brooke and watch the Penn State vs. Ohio State game.  At half-time we were so excited about the game we packed up and went out to experience the "State College rowdiness" during such a great game.  But...we were sorely disappointed.....poor Lions...

We came home to find our bed all messed-up just so Princess Brooke could get cozy and comfortable in her Mom and Dad's bed (she often does that).  I just love that little dog!


As far as the adoption goes:  We're still waiting.  We have a few more groups on our list, which I'll update later.  I'm feeling excited in my bones now.  Maybe it's because something is going to happen soon...or...maybe it's just because I want something to happen soon.  Either way, continue to pray for a speedy and perfect match.  We are so ready to love on and smush up our kids.  It's so strange how we feel so much love for them but don't even know who they are - soon, though, maybe soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oops! I tried to comment on a previous blog, but it didn't get all of it. I will try again. I am praying for you both and the children you will adopt. I will be happy to help with shopping for boys as I don't really know much about shopping for girls unless they are babies. I love babies. Go ahead and clear out rooms and if you can paint them do so in neutral colors as you can add the extra special touches later.
    Love,
    Aunt Linda

    P.S. I can't wait to meet them. I visit my dad about 3 times a year in Hershey. Hope to see you on one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! It worked.
    Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete