"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Home

First, I apologize for the scads of pictures of my sweet little babies.  Second, I apologize for this being so late.  But rest easy, my friends, this isn't a deep, thought-provoking post.  Instead, it is a collection of pictures and thoughts from my trip home to PA for just about two weeks.

It's funny, I still call Rutherford "home."  You'd think at this point when I say I'm going home I would mean to my house.  But I call my NC house "my house."  For me, "home" is PA.

As always, my parents and sister were phenomenal.  I know that having myself, four young children and two extra dogs is a burden.  A huge burden.  You don't believe we could be a burden?  Listen to this:
No talking after bedtime. 
No talking in the morning until the children wake up. 
No talking during naptime. 
Please give up your beds so children can sleep peacefully. 
Please adhere to our whole foods diet. 
Please follow the rules of our family. 
Please excuse the dozens of friends and family that come to visit.
Please excuse the even more friends and family that come to visit.
Please make extra dinner because my friends want to stay. 
Please save dinner because we'll be home late.
Please hold dinner because our plans have changed.
Please get more groceries because friends and family keep visiting. 
Please let me dogs out because I'm so tired.
Please watch my kids so I can have some much needed adult time.
Please give me some jammies because I forgot mine.
Please stock the kitchen with red wine and skittles.
Please stock the kitchen with more red wine and skittles because I'm out.

However, my parents and sister host us gracefully and do their best to make our stay comfortable.  I don't know how they do it but they do...and we're thankful.

We got to spend the start of summer swimming, riding bikes and scooters, going on walks, and visiting friends and family.  It was glorious.  The kids loved all the extra time with Great Grandma, Uncle Buddy, Zia, Aunt Tina, Cousin Tommy, Baby Elena, Miss Amanda, Baby Abby, Aunt Annie, and Uncle Joe. Here are some snap shots of our visit.

 
Doggies get a chance to swim!

Grammy Susie kept Joseph busy with his seek and find book.

Having Brooke and Bekah in the house wore out Bryn

Tina and I had a "whole foods cooking day" and this was part of our list.  I also was able to spend this entire day with my Tommy and Elena.  What a blessing.
*Sorry about the mess in the kitchen, Mom...and for all the whole foods we forced on you!*

Where is Amanda is Aunt KayKay's bed?

Here she is under the covers!

My sweet birthday boy, Joseph (Brea, Amanda, and Tommy made the cake with Grammy's help)

My two favorite Amandas...my daughter and my dearest friend.  I have to take a minute to say that spending time with Amanda brought back so many childhood memories.  We spent a good deal of time at her [childhood] house this visit and being there brought me right back to when I was five.  Her loving parents and dear brother always make me feel right back at home...just like when I was five.  The smells are the same, the sites are the same and their hearts are the same <3

On our way to NYC for Joseph birthday

Sleepy boy

Joseph with Aunt Annie and Uncle Joe...his main reason for wanting to go to NYC

Empire state building

Top of Empire State Building

Central Park

Bethesda Fountain (from the movie Enchanted)

Buggy Ride through the city

Central Park Zoo

Frozen Yogurt?!?!  This surely is my birthday!

Driving Uncle Joe's boat

One of the many times playing with Baby Abby (who clearly isn't a baby anymore)

Dress up!

One of the four sweetest and most handsome boys from Ethiopia, Noah
*I had the absolute honor and privilege of meeting the Bell Boys this trip home*

Another one of the four sweetest and most handsome boys from Ethiopia, Carson

Best Buds, Joseph and Tommy.  It's so cute, Tommy calls him "Jofiss"

Bubble bath in the pool?  Crazy Grammy!

And then it rains so they move the party into the garage.  Crazy Grammy!

Washing cars

 


 

Grammy with her girls while we're in NYC

Sidewalk chalk with the Ondo's
 
How Brea spend the ride back to NC

Thankfully we had our NC neighbor, Taylor, with us on the way home to entertain the children who remained awake.  She was a huge help.



 
It was a great trip home.  Thanks to all who made it possible and for all who helped give me a bit of a breather during this deployment.  I.am.grateful.



2 comments:

  1. Looks like an AWESOME trip.... <3 God bless your Mom, she's a doll! Easy to see why you are such a sweetheart!! The kiddies are so cutE! Its so fun to go on a picture journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! We made the picture roster! So sad we didn't get more play time with the kiddos, but Jake had fun with his doggie buddies! Glad you had a great visit with your friends and family, and even more glad you made it home safe!

    ReplyDelete