"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Jordan Daniel

I certainly would be remiss if I didn't write a tribute to my husband, Jordan.
Jordan Daniel
(Isn't he so handsome?)

I hardly know where to begin. 

Jordan is a strong man.  He has a commanding sense about him when he's in the room but he never is overbearing or overwhelming - not anywhere close to it.  His quiet presence seems to affect others in a way that I haven't seen often.  He respects others' opinions and he also does not agree with others' opinions at times but he's never one to argue about it.  In fact, he hardly discusses it unless asked or invited.  Jordan marches to the beat of his own drum (no pun intended here, he is a drummer).  He knows what he believes in and what he would like to do and he does it.  He never cares what others will think, say, or do.  He's a man of conviction...the quiet kind, not the brazen and bold kind.

Jordan is a man of integrity.  Jordan follows through with all of his commitments...the whole way, not part of the way.  He is a man of his word.  He does not lie, exaggerate, stretch, omit, or alter the truth in anyway whatsoever.  Sometimes I feel he is honest to a fault but it's never once come back to get him.  He is the man who can carry the sign "Honesty is the best policy."

Jordan is a dedicated man.  Jordan puts 100% into all of his responsibilities:  our marriage, our children, and The Marines.  He wakes up earlier than the Corps makes him so he can stay physically fit, he stays up late on long days to be with the children, he turns off football games to spend time with me, and he'll suffer through John Wayne and LOTR to make me happy...the list continues.  He's a hard worker; rarely taking time for himself.  He is not selfish, not selfish at all.  He's giving of himself for the sake of our family and for his career - I truly respect and admire him for this.

Jordan is a natural born leader.  He understands the importance of "actions speak louder than words."  He rarely tells anyone what they should do but rather shows them how by living it out in his life.  He does not point fingers, condemn, or give advice where it is not needed or wanted.  He continues to do the right things in the right ways day after day...and wouldn't you know, people notice.  He never once has told me how to do something , to start doing something, or to stop doing something.  He only does what he feels an knows is right - I see that and I learn from him (he reminds me a lot of my Dad in this regard).  He's a doer, not a talker.  He has an open mind and a closed mouth.  I love that, too.

Jordan respects the woman that I am.  He understands my strengths and my weaknesses.  He allows me to use my strengths in our marriage without fussing or "putting his hand in the pot."  He also compensates in the areas where I am weak without holding it above my head or making me feel badly about it.  He respects my career, my opinions, my mind, and my heart.

Jordan is a godly man.  The Lord's favor has always shown in Jordan's life.  I truly believe this is because he is man who pursues God.  Though his time is highly limited from his job, he makes time for church, for devotions, and for prayer.  He doesn't waiver or faulter but always does what he knows is true and right, regardless of the consequence.

I know my husband isn't a perfect man, but he's perfect for me.  I respect and admire him more and more each day...and I'm thankful, very thankful. 






2 comments:

  1. You got yourself a good one there, but then again, so did he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful man for a wonderful lady! Aunt Marla

    ReplyDelete