"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

And Then There Were Six

Today is the day we received the phone call that changed our lives...

We are matched!!

We are going to be the parents of four (yes, I know, four!) beautiful children.  Our son is 6, and our daughters are 4, 3, and 2.  Because of some legal work that first must be done we can't yet share their names but don't worry, as soon as we can we will. 

They are the most beautiful children.  They have a lovely bronzed skin tone, striking jet black hair.  The girls all have curly hair too, just like me!  Their features are petite and tiny, their teeth are white as snow, and their smiles go from ear to ear.

We're going to meet them for the first time next week.  We're not sure what date yet, the caseworkers (ours and theirs) are working on that as we speak.  They could be living with us in the next 2-3 weeks if the visits work well.

As you can imagine my head is spinning off of my very neck.  I'll post again later once we have some affairs in order.  In the meantime, please pray that this transition goes smoothly and seamlessly.  Pray especially for the sake of our children fragile hearts but also for our hearts (which are beating out of our very chests).

I'll post again soon, but now I'm most excited to repost the verse that is my theme verse for this blog:

"Every good and perfect gift is from above..."  James 1:17

14 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    I am so incredibly happy for you and Jordan! I have been following your posts and have been praying for you guys. I am so thrilled to hear you will be blessed with children. I know you'll both make amazing parents. I hope one day we'll have the same duty station so we will have the pleasure of meeting the newest Ames'. :-)

    Tiffiney Dierling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praising God with you Sara & Jordan. Been praying and checking your blog! I am JT's Mom. PRAISE THE LORD!!! I Will be praying for all of you. In Christ, Sydney Bell

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY WORD! What amazing news! I just looked down the street earlier today, saw your cars, and wondered where things stood. Thanks for the quick update! Can't wait to learn more... The Lord is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying that everything goes well for the both of you. You and Jordan will be great parents for four of the precious children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoooooooooohooooooooo...I am gonna be Aunt Annie, lol can't help but think of the pretzel store when I hear that....congrats to you and Jordan. I cannot wait to meet my nieces and nephew!! Anything you need, give me a call!!! Love you, chica!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Besides a huge CONGRATULATIONS, I say, "the more children, the merrier"....because if anyone has enough love and big enough hearts to raise not one, not two, but FOUR children, it's you two!!!! God has definitely outdone Himself in rewarding you both for all your faithfulness, patience, trials and tribulations throughout this experience.

    Can't quit smiling and having a little trouble seeing the keyboard through the tears of joy (OK, I admit, I'm a weepy sap!) :-)

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Sarah, I am in tears if joy here for you and Jordan! God has answered all our prayers for sure. I am so excited for you guys!! Thank you so much for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sweet friend,
    I have not stoped smiling since seeing you earlier today! I am SO Incredibly HAPPY for you and Jordan. As discouraged as we can become in the waiting, we know and now see how perfect God's plan is in His time. You are such a blessing to my life and I'm honored to get to share this journey with you. When we met three years ago, I would've never thought we'd be in this place together, but I am so thankful we will always share this connection. This relational connection is a tightly bound rope that will not untie despite time and distance. I love you. Can't wait to "smoosh" your little ones!

    Love, hugs, & prayers always

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness...what GREAT news! We are SO excited for the 2 of you and SO excited for your kids because they don't even know yet how blessed they are to have you two as parents! We can't wait to meet the family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Son and daughter, the time has come to embrace the joys that await you. The process has challenged and shaped you two because you sought the Lord, listened to the Lord, and followed in obedience. We are so proud of the couple you have become and the parents you are preparing to be. He who knows the end from the beginning is clearly at work and will continue until His perfect work is done! We love you and can't wait to love our four new grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried to read this out loud to Karaline and dcoudn't even make it through the first sentence without pouring tears. I'm filled with joy for you, praise God!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah & Jordan, CONGRATULATIONS. You two are going to make great parents. God only gives you want you can handle. I hope to meet the four new Ames kids soon. I'm so happy for you.
    I love you both, Aunt Lubi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I couldn't be happier for you, but happiest for your four children who will be raised in a home with Godly parents who will teach them how to love and be loved!
    Loraine

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful news! Doug and I asked for prayers in church this week that you would get your children soon. What an answer to prayer. I can't wait to meet them!

    Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete